Apply for Your Full UK Driving License Online: In order to drive in the UK, you need to be over the age of 17, and have a valid license to drive motorized vehicles on any public roads.
Apply for your first provisional driving licence
Please click to apply
If you decide to apply via a postal application, the process will take up to 3 weeks.
Please note that you will need to apply for a provisional driving licence before you can start driving lessons.
The provisional driving license is valid for two years only which means that you will need pass your practical driving test within the two years validity.
Also you may apply for the driving license directly if you know that you can drive very well and don’t need to go through the hectic processes of theory and practicals. All we’ll need are the following information from you
- a form of identity; for example, a passport or any Identity Card or Any travel document.
- Address of where you live.
- License Category.
- Signature. (picture of a signed signature on a white sheet of paper)
- Passport Size photo (taken within the last 3months, full-face view directly facing the camera, both eyes open, no hats, Eyeglasses not allowed. )
If you have any further questions, please let me know. Apply for Your Full UK Driving License Online
Identity documents needed for a driving licence application
You do not need to send your passport in with your application, use the 9-digit passport number instead. There are different rules in Northern Ireland. You must send one of the following identity documents if you do not have a UK passport: https://www.gov.uk/id-for-driving-licence
If you are a foreigner and do not have a UK passport
You must send one of the following identity documents if you do not have a UK passport:
- a current and valid foreign passport
- a biometric residence permit (BRP) issued in the UK – formerly known as the identity card for foreign nationals
- a European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) national identity card
- a travel document
You must send the original document with your driving licence application. If you do not have an EU or EEA passport, you’ll need to send in a visa that proves you have permission to live in the UK. DVLA will contact the person who signs your application. You do not need someone to sign your photo if you’ve agreed to have DVLA check your identity by:
Who can sign your form and photo
The person signing the form and photo must:
- hold a valid GB photocard driving licence
- be resident in the UK
- know you personally
- not be a relative
- not be living at the same address as you
DVLA will contact the person who signs your application. You do not need someone to sign your photo if you’ve agreed to have DVLA check your identity by:
- contacting HM Passport Office
- providing an up to date passport, travel document or BRP
- providing your EU or EEA national identity card (except for ID cards issued by the Swedish Post Office)
You do not need someone to sign your photo if you’re renewing your licence with a new photo.
Get your documents back
You’ll get your driving licence and identity documents separately. It may take longer than usual to get your licence and documents back because of coronavirus. Identity documents are returned by second class post. Include a stamped, self-addressed special delivery. Apply for Your Full UK Driving License Online