Besides getting a full UK driving licence from the DVLA, we equally get overseas motor insurance policy (Buy Car insurance green card for UK registered vehicles) for UK residents who travel to France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria or Switzerland and require green card insurance for their UK registered vehicles. Buy Car insurance green card for UK registered vehicles.

Buy Car insurance green card for UK registered vehicles

You may need to carry a green card to prove you have the minimum insurance cover required by the country you’re driving in. Obtaining an insurance green card is a simple and straightforward task. You may need to contact us then we get you an insurance company and request one, and they will deliver it to you via email or post. you should apply for it at least 14 days or more before your departure date to allow the insurance company time to issue it. Buy Car insurance green card for UK registered vehicles.

You will need to carry extra green cards if:

  • you’re towing a trailer or caravan (one for the towing vehicle and one for the trailer or caravan)
  • you have 2 insurance policies covering your trip (one card for each policy)
  • you have multi-car or fleet insurance (one for each vehicle on the policy)

Showing your green card when driving abroad

You must show your green card if you’re involved in an accident.

You may have to show your green card:

  • at the border when moving between countries
  • if you’re stopped by the police

In order to qualify, you do need to be 25 years old or over and you need to have held a full UK/EU driving license for at least a year.

Most insurers will only provide cover for up to 60 or 90 days, so we have developed a policy providing annual green card insurance for periods in excess of 90 days. Most vehicles are covered, including motor homes and left-hand drive vehicles that are UK registered. Buy full UK driving licence

Please contact one of our experienced underwriting team who will be happy to help you.